Graduate Research Agronomist or Research Technician, Toowoomba - [Archived Advertisement]
Kalyx Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Graduate Research Agronomist or Research Technician, Toowoomba
Global Science | National Research | Local Focus
We are inviting Agriculture or Science Graduates or Experienced Research Technicians to join our already established research team in Toowoomba, QLD. If you are a recent graduate or have some practical experience out in the workforce and think a career in agronomy is something you'd like to pursue, you are encouraged to apply.
You will gain valuable experience in the field and further your knowledge via the Kalyx XSeed technical training in the areas of:
- Agricultural chemicals and their application
- Weed, Disease, and Insect identification
- Trial design and implementation of field/horticulture trial
- Seeding and Harvest operation
- Calibrations of Booms and Seeders
- Plant Diagnostics
- Variety Evaluation
- Statistics and Data Interpretation
- Client and Grower Communication
This position will provide all that PLUS the advantage of working outdoors with a fun and supportive team of experienced ag professionals. Kalyx rewards you for the effort you put in. We offer an attractive starting salary, TOIL and additional benefits. Overnight travel will be required at peak times during sowing and harvest.
You: Your attitude is what we are most interested in. You will enjoy learning and working outdoors, have a strong work ethic and enjoy people. We are looking for people who are:
- Graduate Agronomist - Tertiary trained in Agricultural Science/Science or similar
- Research Technician - Have worked in the Agricultural Industry
- Possess a current driver's license
- Have a genuine interest in any or all plant physiology, weed identification, ag chemistry, herbicide application, plant disease, entomology, agricultural machinery and modifications
- Great with people, motivated and interested
- Knowledgeable on interpreting data and have experience writing scientific reports
- Capable of working independently and solving problems on the go
- Good at managing priorities and workload
Us: Kalyx is a great place to work. Our teams are valued, encouraged and supported to learn and develop, and have fun along the way. Our culture dictates how we work together and with our clients, and this is integral to our success. Once you sign on with Kalyx, we want you to stay, progress and help us grow the business together, so much so, that you can buy shares in the company after 2 years of service.
If you are looking to start or further your career, and like the idea of working with a group of like-minded and positive young people working at the innovative end of Agriculture, this job is for you.
All applications will include a Resume and Cover Letter providing details on their experience, interests and how they fit the role. Please also include 2 recent referees.
Applications close on Monday, 12 April 2021.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Apr 2021
- QLD - Toowoomba
- Work Type:
Environmental Science/Earth Science