Senior Data Officer, Data Management
Australian Institute of Family Studies (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Data Officer, Data Management, Longitudinal and Lifecourse Studies | The Data Linkage and Integration Authority
APS Level 5-6
Are you a champion for data management and eager to contribute to the development of data policy for outputs on research that will make a social impact? This role is for you if you want to:
- Put your data skills and data governance expertise to work at the cutting edge of data management frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of data policies and standards for the enhancement of results and best practice.
- Make a positive difference to the lives of children, families and communities.
The Senior Data Officer position will focus on Data Management to support the team in data governance, data management, and analytical activities of the Institute. This position will support the management of research data governance, effective data management and assist in the end-to-end management of data assets.
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in the Melbourne CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
The Data Management and Linkage team works across both Longitudinal and Lifecourse Studies (LLS) and the Data Linkage and Integration Authority (DLIA). The team manages all aspects of the data life cycle, adhering to industry best practices. Team members provide expertise in data governance, data management, data linkage, and data analytics for the Institute. Team members also provide expertise in data linkage activities for statistical and research purposes, supporting a diverse range of internal and external clients.
To be successful
The role requires someone with:
- Experience in data management and governance projects, with an understanding of data management practices (DMBOK).
- Demonstrated experience of data lineage, data management tools and technical applications.
- Analytical thinking for understanding and solving complex data management challenges.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to work independently and prioritise workloads to meet timelines.
- An eye for detail and a flexible approach to meeting the demands of a fast-paced environment who works well in a team.
We will offer the Senior Data Officer position on a non-ongoing basis for an initial term of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension to a maximum term of three years, on a full-time basis. The position is at APS Level 5-6 with a salary range of $72,070 to $88,827 per annum.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Workplace health and wellbeing activities such as yoga, mindfulness, wellbeing sessions, flu vaccinations and a health promotion allowance
- Free and confidential counselling service for employees and dependents
- 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- Discounted annual Myki card
- Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits
Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
How to apply for this job
For how to apply and to download a Position Description visit our website:
Applications close at 5:00pm, Monday 28 September 2020
Email your AIFS Application form, CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
For further information, contact Human Resources on (03) 9214 7888.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Sep 2020
- VIC - Melbourne
- $72,070 to $88,827 per annum
- Work Type:
- APS Classification:
APS Level 5
APS Level 6