Department of Environment and Science / Cairns
Minerals and North Queensland Compliance delivers environmental assessment and compliance services from offices in Cairns and Townsville. The compliance services cover an area from the Burdekin Shire in the south, west to Boulia and the Northern Territory border, and north to Cape York and the Torres Strait Islands. The mineral mining assessment services cover mineral mining across the state of Queensland.
As a Senior Environmental Officer, you will be required to:
- Depending on your work group, regularly undertake compliance inspections or assess incoming environmental applications.
- Lead communications including consultation, liaison and negotiation with industry, government and the community to facilitate resolution of environmental issues.
- Prepare high level written correspondence for a variety of audiences including ministerial briefings, statutory notices, departmental alerts, information documents.
- Carry out duties consistent with contemporary Administrative Decision-Making Principles (training provided).
- Lead and manage meetings.
Overnight travel away from the office may be required and includes travel to mine and industrial sites.
You are also required to:
- Possess a university degree (undergraduate and/or postgraduate) from a recognised tertiary institution in environmental management; chemical, forensic, physical, geological, hydrological, environmental, applied and biological sciences, environmental engineering.
- Hold an unrestricted driver’s licence recognised in the State of Queensland and be prepared to obtain a manual licence if you do not already have one.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or have a visa allowing you to work for the length of the temporary appointment.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website. https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-323345-19
Closing Date/ Job Ad Reference
Friday, 11 October 2019 / QLD/323345/19