Research Nurse (Oncology)
Job No.: 569011
Faculty / Portfolio: Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences/ Eastern Health Clinical School
Location: Box Hill Hospital
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 month Fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $85,538 - $93,819 pa HEW Level 07 (plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
- Be a part of an inclusive, collaborative community
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. And that’s because you’re not just starting your career, or taking on a bigger challenge. You’re making a real contribution – surrounded by energetic, inspiring people who are driven to make a difference as well. Monash is a place where you’ll be able to develop your career in exciting, sometimes unexpected ways – putting you in the best possible position for a rewarding future.
Eastern Clinical Research Unit (ECRU) is a division of the Eastern Health Clinical School and operates jointly between the Department of Medicine and the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University. Box Hill Hospital is the primary site for the research activities of ECRU.
The Department of Oncology has an opportunity for an experienced Research Nurse to join our clinical trials team. You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to participate in professional development opportunities.
As the Research Nurse, you will gather high quality clinical research data and maintain optimum medical and nursing care to subjects (patients) at the standard of practice in accordance with the National Health Medical and Research Council (NHMRC), Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (GCP), the International Committee of Harmonisation (ICH) and the Australian Nursing Council Inc. (ANCI) Guidelines.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Nursing, from a recognised university with subsequent relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of experience and or education/ training
- Experience with venepuncture, blood processing and ECG
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- High level computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- The ability to access electronic records and navigate the web environment
- A strong work ethic and willingness to participate in professional development
- The ability to work under pressure and excellent attention to detail
If this sounds like a position that suits your current career focus we look forward to hearing from you.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Contact Ms Yvonne Chan, Telephone 61 3 9895 3203, email Yvonne.Chan@monash.edu
Sunday 7 January 2018, 11.55pm AEDT