The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease through world class medical research. Established in 1994, it is the legacy of legendary heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang. Renowned for the quality of its breakthroughs, the Victor Chang Institute is working to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent the onset of heart disease.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing and monitoring quality building services in a state-of-the-art research facility to create an optimum environment for the Institute’s scientific work.
This incorporates both the facility and its equipment and includes building and equipment maintenance, management of external contractors and service agreements, compliance requirements, capital works and refurbishments, security systems and services and waste management.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the building’s systems and equipment and coordinate appropriate maintenance
- Monitor and maintain the operation of the building, infrastructure, laboratories and equipment and ensure compliance with operational guidelines and standards
- Coordinate all contractors and service providers ensuring service level agreements are met
- Meet and manage all stakeholder requirements including our Precinct partners
- Maintain and implement all WH&S standards, and risk management to ensure a safe and productive working environment
- Reviewing and providing recommendations to improve building efficiency and sustainability
- Manage the emergency and security systems as well as implement measures to ensure building safety/ security
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Previous experience in a facilities management role in a research facility or scientific environment along with a high level of technical & practical knowledge of building infrastructure and scientific equipment
- Sound knowledge of relevant Australian Standards, Building Codes and other statutory codes relevant to the construction and operation of laboratory buildings
- A demonstrated high level of initiative
- Proven experience in organising and prioritising workload to ensure timely delivery of results
- Ability to negotiate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience in budget preparation and management
- Previous experience in team leadership
- Good commercial understanding of tendering and service levels required from external contractors
- Ability and willingness to be on call and work outside of normal working hours when necessary
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- State of the art facilities
- Collaborative team environment
We strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity and gender equity and promotes flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
Come and work with us & help make a difference.
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Wednesday 3 October 2018.