Research Fellow (Social Sciences) - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Catholic University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Fellow (Social Sciences)
- Join a team of internationally renowned researchers and scholars
- Utilise your data analysis skills in providing high level research support
- Fixed term (3 years), full time at our North Sydney Campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Under the Directorship of Professor Joy Damousi, the recently established Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences will support ACU’s continued growth and success in the liberal arts, humanities and the social sciences. The new Institute, which will consist of a series of centres, replaces the Institute for Religion, Politics and Society (IRPS) and will expand on expertise developed both within IRPS and the Faculty School of Arts. The Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences will strengthen and expand ACU’s interdisciplinary research, focusing on the areas of History, Literature, Political Science and Sociology.
In this role, you will undertake high-quality research in political extremism as part of Professor Bryan S.Turner’s ARC Discovery Project “Far Right in Australia: Intellectuals, Masculinity and Citizenship”.
You will need to have:
- A relevant PhD (research) within a Social Science field.
- Demonstrated research ability to undertake empirical inquiry.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise research students.
- A track record of highly esteemed peer-reviewed publications relevant to Social Sciences.
- Ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with impact and purpose including well developed interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with team and stakeholder groups.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. Please view the Position description via this link https://careers.acu.edu.au/en/job/975725/research-fellow-social-sciences. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $118,785 - $140,132 pa, including salary component $ 100,375- $118,510 pa (Academic Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent toemail: Bryan.Turner@acu.edu.au
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications Close: 20 April 2020, 11:55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Apr 2020
- Work Type:
- Full Time