Innovation Ecosystem Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Innovation Ecosystem Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Help managing relationships and maintain strong connections post-program
- Play an active role supporting the continuous improvement of the Innovation programs and services
- Join CSIRO's Business Development & Global Team today!
The Innovation & Engagement Services Team manages innovation programs and services that accelerate research to impact.
The role of Ecosystem Manager is responsible for managing relationships with universities, publicly funded research agencies (PFRAs), global partners, industry, and innovation program mentors and alumni. This role works with our stakeholders to generate interest in participating in our Innovation Programs and to maintain strong connections post-program.
This role involves the development and implementation and/or administration of policies, systems and procedures that assist the Organisation and the Business Unit to achieve their objectives and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities.
Your duties will include:
- Discover and map partnership opportunities in the identified innovation catchment area. Contribute to proposal and bid development for partner opportunities.
- Skilfully execute stakeholder engagement to build a network of advocates at all levels of the hierarchy in the target institutions including universities and PFRAs.
- Persuade the set of stakeholders necessary to ensure a pipeline of quality innovation program applications (and equivalent participation decisions by industry).
- Develop relationships with innovation program mentors and alumni to create an engaged and vibrant ecosystem for the innovation programs.
- Help build and deliver an innovation ecosystem engagement program; e.g., events, connections to alumni teams and mentors
- Keep a high quality and current record of all partner and stakeholder engagements via CRM
- Represent CSIRO at external and internal forums related to Innovation & Engagement Services capability.
- Work independently to deliver results through the use and allocation of available resources within constraints laid down by managers.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and tailor solutions to potentially conflicting requirements.
- Take personal responsibility for client satisfaction, and correct problems promptly and in a constructive manner.
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, other locations considered
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- 3-5 years in a business or partner development role with evidence of success achieving against development-based performance metrics.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully creating, developing and managing new relationships in a large B2B environment and converting those relationships into purchase/action decisions.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Stakeholder mapping
- Internal and external Stakeholder and key account management
- Large scale corporate change programs
- Persuading others and building strong interpersonal networks
- Translating conceptual thinking into practical initiatives
- Experience working autonomously and remotely, including a demonstrated ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements & self-prioritise multiple tasks
- Demonstrated interest in Science and Innovation.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and to operate well with situations that lack clarity to achieve team objectives.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant business, science or engineering discipline will be highly regarded.
- Previous working experience in a development or partner relationship role in an accelerator or the innovation and research sectors.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
24 July 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 24 Jul 2022
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Business Development Manager