Technical Writer - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) division is voyaging on an ambitious portfolio of work designed to support the organisations Science Digital Transformation strategy. Underpinning the portfolio is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world class science.
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Learn, trust, and collaborate to achieve more.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
The Technical Writer is responsible for providing technical writing skills under the Managed Data Ecosystem initiative. The role will specialise in understanding IM&T’s capabilities and associated programs of work to help solve line of business or research opportunities and problems. Key to the success of this role will be extensive involvement with IM&T staff and more broadly CSIRO corporate and research staff.
Your duties will include:
- Work effectively with highly technical teams and translating information into structured useful documentation that is clear and informative for a technical and non-technical audience
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, write, and maintain procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with tools to capture both diagrammatic and textual documentation of a technical nature, building a uniform structure across the entire suite of information.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Communicate openly, effectively, and respectfully with all staff, clients, and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration, and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO scientific objectives.
Location: All major CSIRO sites in Australia
Salary: AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 per annum + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated ability of superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with teams to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Experience with tools like Confluence, Visio, MS Suite to capture both diagrammatic and textual documentation of a technical nature, building a uniform structure across the entire suite of information.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to principles of Workplace Diversity; Equal Employment Opportunity; Occupational Health, Safety and Environment; and Employee Participation
- Demonstrated ability to harness business analysis tools and techniques.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only.
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
29th May 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 29 May 2022
- AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 per annum + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type: