Business Systems Architect - CSIRO Publishing - [Archived Advertisement]
Business Systems Architect - CSIRO Publishing
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Use your skills and experiences as a Business Systems Architect to support something truly special
- Build strong connections and networks across government and private sector
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
CSIRO Publishing first published online journals in 1996, and it has enhanced its digital publishing processes, platforms and digital infrastructure to the present. Also, CSIRO is positioning itself towards improving its digital maturity and as a result there are opportunities to leverage digital platforms more and increase the interoperability between systems.
Your duties will include:
In the role of Business Systems Architect, you will meld business objectives into cohesive overarching system designs, communicating technical solutions and design trade-offs effectively with business stakeholders, while providing a delivery framework that ensures quality and success for other areas in CSIRO Publishing.
- Create a digital vision for the business, and identify opportunities for improving digital capabilities and adopting appropriate digital solutions
- Establish a plan for managing digital infrastructure including CSIRO Publishing’s website, processes, outputs, and data. — all to maximize the impact of CSIRO Publishing’s content
- Leads the development of the digital strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with other strategic planning processes, and the resulting business strategy and plans. Provides a single point of coordination for the digital strategy.
- Acts as a thought leader on emerging digital business models and technologies, articulating the digital future and the business’s role in it, internally and externally.
- Builds and maintains external relationships in academia, as well as with industry bodies, vendors, and technology analysts to learn and influence.
Location: Clayton, Victoria (preferred)
Salary: AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree, or post-graduate degree in a science, digital or technology field.
- The ability to blend and translate business needs and outcomes to align to system elements thus assuring the people, organisations, information, cyber and application needs are accommodated and directly related to business needs.
- Broad familiarity with key technologies and standards used in digital information products and services, including authentication, content management, metadata standards, persistent identifiers
- Understanding of modern web technologies, including front- and back-end development, SaaS principles, APIs and cloud infrastructure services. Demonstrated experience in development of System and Solution Design documentation
- Solid understanding of automation practices and application architectures
- Experience producing simple diagrams to convey complex technical problems
- A significant record of innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate and/or promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into projects of all sizes and scale.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13th February 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 13 Feb 2022
- AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time