Data Protection and Infrastructure Deployment/Configuration Generalist - [Archived Advertisement]
Data Protection and Infrastructure Deployment/Configuration Generalist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, in the areas where we live and work across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
The Scientific Computing group within CSIRO’s Information Management & Technology function provides end-to-end infrastructure ranging from generic corporate IT systems through to leading-edge High-Performance data processing tools and platforms. The teams manage over 60PB of data at a compounded annual growth rate of ~75%, and a proportionate computational and network fabric including several Top500 supercomputers, HPC Cloud and a highly versatile and robust corporate hosting platform. Additional services include advanced visualisation, Data Processing, application support, and software delivery. The capability is highly customer focussed and operates closely in partnership with all areas of CSIRO research.
Your duties will include:
- Play a key-role in the day-to-day delivery, management, and long-term planning of IMT’s data protection needs
- Provide technical advice relating to data protection, infrastructure deployment and configurations that host data and integrated technology services, standards and procedures to team members, management, and business owners.
- Contribute to the design, development, documentation and delivery of storage and compute infrastructure.
- Contribute to physical deployment and connectivity of infrastructure in data centres.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients, and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: All IMT site’s locations Australia wide
Salary: AU$66k to $84kpa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Education/Qualifications: Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of data-protection technologies, ICT infrastructure deployment.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Practical knowledge and proficient troubleshooting skills in relation to ICT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability, willingness, and motivation to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of stakeholder requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply skills in practical situations.
- Experience with Commvault
- Experience with large scale infrastructure deployments using Linux and VMWare.
- Experience in troubleshooting connectivity in Ethernet, Fibre Channel or InfiniBand networks.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in this role you must be an Australian Citizen
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additionally, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16th January 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jan 2022
- AU$66k to $84kpa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time