Executive Assistant - Square Kilometre Array Low (SKA-Low) - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Assistant - Square Kilometre Array Low (SKA-Low)
- Support the establishment of the SKA office in Australia
- Work with scientists, engineers and policy makers from Australia, the UK and South Africa
- Join the SKA team and be part of one of the largest scientific endeavours in history
The Square Kilometre Array Observatory (SKAO) is a next-generation global radio-astronomy facility that will revolutionise our understanding of the Universe and the laws of fundamental physics. It is one observatory with two telescopes – SKA-Low in Western Australia and SKA-Mid in South Africa. Under the collaboration agreement with SKAO, CSIRO is offering an outstanding opportunity for a highly organised and efficient Executive Assistant to join the SKA-Low management team as a core member.
As one of the first employees for the new SKA-Low team in Perth, you will help develop the SKA office and establish a helpful, effective and constructive culture. Working closely with the Director and Deputy Director of the SKA-Low Telescope, as well as the SKA-Low Site Constriction Director, you will establish and provide administrative support for the team, including strong relationship building across the collaboration partner organisations.
CSIRO's Space and Astronomy BU and the SKAO are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and equity within our workplaces. Consideration will be given to performing this role on either a full-time, part-time (minimum 0.6 FTE per fortnight) or job-share basis.
Your duties will include:
- Office and issues management.
- Coordinating activities such as office set-up, recruitment and onboarding support, meetings, conferences and other event management and support.
- Acting as the contact point for management and maintaining cross-organisational networks.
- Coordinating and assisting in the preparation of materials for presentations.
Location: Kensington (Perth) Western Australia
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite. Full-time, part-time or job-share
To be considered you will need:
- Experience providing executive assistance to a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and in applications such as TRIM, SAP, ePublish and SERKO.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise competing demands.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
Applications are open to Australian or New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Sunday 7 November, 2021 (11pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- WA - Kensington
- Work Type:
- Full Time