Material Transfer Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Material Transfer Officer
- Work in an advanced national laboratory at the forefront of infectious disease research
- Support the distribution of diagnostic reagents to a range of clients
- Join our team at ACDP – striving to keep Australia safe!
As the Material Transfer Officer at the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), you will support the distribution of diagnostic reagents and reference material to a large range of external clients. You will contribute to the preparation of documents, permits and material transfer agreements for national and international program activities. Establishing and maintaining clear pathways for transportation of materials to and from Australia, you will assist technical experts to coordinate the shipping, packing and distribution of select material. You will communicate and coordinate with import and/or export agents and couriers to ensure delivery of material to external clients. A key part of this role is the production and provision of biological specimens to external national and international laboratories. This can include diagnostic samples, test kits or virus specimens. You will also provide administrative support for the Proficiency Testing and Reference Material team and other DSR teams or projects, as required, for the transfer of biological and diagnostic test materials, and laboratory equipment when relevant, to external laboratories, including those overseas.
Although you will predominantly work in the administration area, you may at times require entry to the biologically secure laboratories at Physical Containment Level 3. All staff working in this environment must be able to meet ACDP’s microbiological security and security assessment requirements.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the transfer and shipment of biological and diagnostic test materials.
- Ensure all internal transfer regulations, as well as regulatory requirements are met and completed prior to transfer and shipping.
- Record and document activities according to CSIRO Records policies and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant laboratory teams for the production and timing of materials.
- Work with relevant staff on material transfer agreements for external material requests.
- Establish and maintain clear pathways and operating procedures for the transfer of material and equipment.
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks, keeping clients informed on progress, and redirecting requests as appropriate.
- Provide basic instruction and assistance to staff for the purpose of maintaining accuracy and compliance with policy and procedures.
Location: Geelong, Victoria (Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness, ACDP)
Salary: AU$64k to AU$82k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of approximately 22 months (ending 30 June, 2023)
Residency: Australian Citizens Only
To be considered you will need:
- A Diploma of Administration or Science (Biological sciences) or minimum 3 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
- Excellent administration skills, including the ability to assist others with document storage and control systems
- Highly developed time management skills with the ability to escalate issues as appropriate, and to establish priorities for managing multiple tasks.
- The ability to work co-operatively in team environments and use networks to obtain vital information for reporting.
- Good judgement with the ability to identify and manage routine or recurring problems and issues
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, please see the Position Details
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO,Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Wednesday 4 August, 2021 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2021
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$64k to AU$82k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: