- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership for the Supercomputing Ops Team
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the deployment and operation of Australia’s peak supercomputing facility. The role will require effective communication with Pawsey staff and key stakeholder groups from a broad range of disciplines. A technical aptitude, strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated interest in emerging technologies will be essential in working to build the next generation of supercomputing facility at Pawsey for Australian researchers.
Your duties will include:
- Provide mentoring and technical co-ordination for the Supercomputing Operations team.
- Project manage system refreshes, including end-to-end participation in procurement and migration processes.
- Facilitate effective integration across Pawsey infrastructure leveraging modern technologies.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in a computing field.
- Significant experience in administration and management of supercomputing systems in a research or operational environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing and optimising HPC interconnect technologies.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Knowledge of, or experience with the management of orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks with independence and self-motivation in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability in contributing novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific or technical investigations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Thursday 21 January 2021, 11:00pm AEST