- Is your research experience in the areas of Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or Material Science?
- Have you developed, led & delivered large, client-focused research projects?
- Join CSIRO - Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
Be a part of CSIRO Energy's Low Emission Technology Program and collaborate with industrial partners to help develop hydrogen and ammonia related technologies. The current project aims to develop an automated membrane manufacturing plant, and to develop two ammonia cracking pilot plants.
As a Senior Research Scientist/Project Manager on this project, you will facilitate successful relationship management of both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the successful achievement of project milestones, as well as the review and completion of progress reports, as per the contractual obligations.
Your duties will include:
- Developing, designing and delivering client-focused research projects, or components of large-scale research initiatives.
- Engaging externally to ensure that research priorities are aligned with industrial needs.
- Managing the day-to-day conduct of those tasks allocated in the Project Plan.
Location: Brisbane (Pullenvale), QLD
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant PhD degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or Material Science.
- Practical experience in process flow sheeting and high temperature/pressure systems and industrial processes.
- A track record of developing and delivering large client-focussed research projects.
- Well-developed project leadership and management skills.
- A track record of publication of research and development outcomes in journals and/or conferences, or equivalent.
- The ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams with technical goals.
- Evidence of the development of an external industry or collaborative professional network (e.g. participation on advisory groups, technical committees, etc.).
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6th October 2020, 11:00pm AEST