- Are you read for the next step in your career?
- Be part of CSIRO's collaboration with NASA
- Join a supportive, multi-disciplinary team
The successful applicant will lead the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Team to provide support in a diverse range of IT services; hardware, intranet and network infrastructure, IT security and all ground telecommunications for the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) as part of the international National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) Deep Space Network (DSN).
The support consists of network administration, including system design and maintenance of IT and networking systems, help desk, policy development and intranet.
Your duties will include:
- Develop ICT strategy and system architecture for the CDSCC Administrative network that comply with JPL, NASA and CSIRO requirements.
- Within broad guidelines develop strategic and operational plans for the service, having significant independence of action.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, including local, CSIRO, JPL and DSN personnel. Work co-operatively with these same organisations to develop coordinated strategies for the DSN and find solutions to problems or deficiencies.
- Lead and manage a large facility, leading staff (possibly representing a range of disciplines), manage resources, direct and coordinate the completion of complex technical projects and undertake the development, implementation or standardisation of procedures and techniques.
- Ensure compliance with ICT legal requirements, software licenses and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) with respect to policy development and site ICT practices.
- Ensure that CSIRO meets the ICT contractual agreement with NASA, while being mindful of the diplomatic limitations when cooperating with multinational intergovernmental agencies.
- Develop, justify and control the ICT budget for CDSCC to be submitted to JPL including the six-year long term budget planning documents.
- Financial and asset management responsibilities, including financial delegations.
- Lead and manage the ICT Team including position roles and responsibilities, effective team performance, training and development and issue/conflict resolution.
- Provide out of hours emergency support via telephone analysis where possible and attend onsite for diagnostics and repairs where necessary.
Location: Tidbinbilla, ACT
Salary: AU$112k - AU$125k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience (e.g. Eligibility for membership of the Australian Computer Society)
- Open Australian Driver's Licence
- Previous experience managing ICT systems, assets and budgets, including service reporting
- Previous leadership experience in a similar ICT service delivery customer-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyse and interpret professional journals, technical publications and reports and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated experience building successful relationships in a complex delivery/client environment, including multiple stakeholders, suppliers and peer delivery groups
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 Level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Thursday 13th February 2020, 11:00pm AEDT