- Can you develop and implement environmental sustainability projects?
- Use your skills to promote a culture of environmental sustainability!
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
As the CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) Coordinator - Environmental Sustainability, you will coordinate the end-to-end delivery of environmental sustainability programs and projects aligned to CSIRO’s strategic goals.
You will assist in the development of CSIRO’s future environmental sustainability strategic direction and promote a culture of environmental sustainability to staff and other stakeholders.
Your duties will include
- Working collaboratively, developing and communicating strategies that improve CSIRO’s environmental sustainability performance.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of end-to-end environmental sustainability project delivery.
- Assisting the CSIRO Environmental Sustainability Manager in identifying and developing CSIRO's future environmental sustainability strategic direction and associated programs.
- Assisting business units to identify and develop projects that achieve their environmental sustainability targets and helping CSIRO to achieve its strategic goals.
- Promoting a culture of environmentally sustainable behaviours to staff and stakeholders.
Location: Canberra ACT, Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC and Brisbane QLD
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as environmental, sustainability or engineering-related fields or relevant work experience.
- Project management skills and the capacity to coordinate project teams for successful outcomes.
- Proven experience and success in delivering sustainability projects and sustainability best practices, ideally in a research and development environment.
- An understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and/or similar sustainability-based frameworks e.g. Science-based targets.
- Change management or marketing/communication experience to foster awareness of environmental sustainability and enact behavioural and cultural change in an organisation.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement sustainability policies, procedures and measures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- To be able to travel domestically as required.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.