Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
1. Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in biological science.
2. Demonstrated experience with molecular biology techniques.
3. Demonstrated experience with cell culture.
4. Experience or willingness/ ability to perform micromanipulation. (Please note that this technique requires a steady hand and is a repetitive task preformed while using a microscope)
5. An understanding of genome engineering techniques and applications.
6. A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment including the ability to work effectively as part of a team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers.
1. Demonstrated experience with gene editing techniques.
2. Research experience with chicken embryos or other livestock species.
3. Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
4. Demonstrated experience with transfection of cell lines.
To be eligible for this position you must be willing and able to:
• Adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements, other Australian Security requirements applicable to the position and HSE policies.
• Be vaccinated against influenza, hepatitis B, rabies or other agents as specified if required for the role performed.
• Be willing to undertake National Health Security Check
As the appointment may require work to be undertaken at the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) candidates should be aware of and able and willing to comply with the Security Assessment and Microbiological Security Requirements for Personnel Working on the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL) Site specified in detail in the Position Description attached.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish- D&I Strategy