- Assist astronomers to maximise the scientific return from data and computing infrastructure.
- Engage with astronomy research groups and associated communities and disciplines.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
Pawsey is a long-standing and successful unincorporated joint venture of the CSIRO, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and the University of Western Australia that provides services in the areas of supercomputing, data management and analysis, and visualisation.
As part of the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre team, you will be specifically part of a new initiative, funded by Astronomy Australia Ltd, via the Australian Data and Compute Services (ADACS) project. ADACS provides astronomy focused training, support and expertise to assist astronomers to maximise the scientific return from data and computing infrastructure across Australia.
Your duties will include
- Provide specialist advice and software enhancement to astronomy research groups.
- Effectively utilise the supercomputing and data resources at Tier 1 national facilities (such as Pawsey and the NCI) as well as Tier 2 facilities.
- Engage with astronomy research groups and associated communities and disciplines (in conjunction with the Pawsey Supercomputing, Data and Visualisation teams).
- Assist astronomy research groups to integrate highly parallel codes into their workflows (including testing and versioning to maintain high quality code).
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
Salary: AU$98K – AU$106K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated significant experience in tertiary level education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of literacy.
- Strong organisational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team, including senior members of staff.
- Demonstrable experience in:
- Engaging with stakeholders to obtain technical requirements to enhance, build, develop and support applications.
- Engaging with stakeholders to ensure that new features and / or services being provided are fit for purpose.
- Being adaptable and flexible to modify project scope to satisfy client needs.
- Developing training materials to support new tools.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Demonstrable ability to work under limited direction and be able to assist researchers (even when external or remote)
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 29th May, 2019.