- Use your Skills and Make an Impact at CSIRO Global!
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
CSIRO is looking for a Relationship Advisor/Coordinator (Global Partnerships) to join a vibrant team who are the primary point of contact within CSIRO for large-scale collaborative activities with international institutions, and international branches of commonwealth departments. This role will project manage strategic engagement activities with CSIRO’s global network, CSIRO business units and CSIRO’s partners at the institution-level. This role also requires the development and implementation of a work program in conjunction with business units that delivers to the goals and strategic direction of each partnership.
Your duties will include
- Assisting steering committees of major partnerships through secretarial support and the pro-active management of the steering committees activities and engagement with the partner
- Monitoring progress against work programs and making recommendations for deeper connections
- Communicating effectively and transparently across CSIRO so all current and future opportunities aligned to these partnerships are known to relevant CSIRO stakeholders
- Developing a geographic speciality based on interest and experience. Being the Global team’s point of contact for this region(s) and proactively sharing this knowledge with the Global team and CSIRO staff
- Actively project managing a small team or project group to ensure successful delivery of various projects, including improvement projects.
Location: Canberra (preferred), Melbourne or Sydney
Salary: AU$97k - AU$105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- A diploma/bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines or relevant work experience
- Proven ability to establish and develop strong stakeholder relationships utilising influencing skills to gain support for new initiatives both within and outside an organisation
- Strong organisational skills with demonstrated experience in project coordination and management of a variety of stakeholders in high pressure situations
- High degree of judgement, flexibility in thinking, diplomacy and sensitivity to interacting with people from different cultural and professional backgrounds
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrated ability to investigate underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems and develop appropriate responses through abstract thinking and using creative solutions.
- To currently hold or have the ability to hold an Australian Government security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEDT 6th April 2019