- Do you have Data Analysis experience?
- Do you enjoy working on complex problems?
- Join the Science Impact * Policy team at CSIRO!
The role of Technical Staff in CSIRO is to provide support for scientific research in a diverse range of laboratory and field situations across a range of different research projects. This support consists of the application of accepted technical practices and the development of new practices. The work is usually carried out as a member of a centralised service.
As the Science Performance Analyst, you will provide data analysis, reporting and internal liaison at an enterprise and Business Unit level within CSIRO. Your main focus will be analysing annual projects and a number of bespoke and one-off projects as required.
Your duties will include
- Produce data analysis for CSIRO’s annual 2016-17 Science Health & Excellence Report.
- Perform periodic quality assurance of the publication and citation data CSIRO uses.
- Offer researcher-level publication analysis across the organisation on an annual basis.
- Share knowledge and skills with others in the team, and support them with analysis as required.
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years.
Salary: AU$82k – AU$93k + up to 15.4% Superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in a quantitative field, such as a scientific discipline or economics.
- Experience conducting quantitative data analysis for verbal and written reporting to a range of clients
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, including the use of advanced functions.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Knowledge and experience working with data integrity.
- Experience in identifying complex or ill-defined problems and develop appropriate alternative solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 31st January, 2019