- Utilise your experience in delivering data services to a research community
- Advise & support services relating to data science & data workflows
- Join the team at the Paswey Supercomputing Centre
CSIRO seeks a Data Specialist to join the Data and Visualisation Team at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. In this role, you will advise and support services relating to data science and data workflows. This will involve a high level of engagement with the research community to support existing services, gather feedback for service enhancements, research emerging technologies of interest, and promote uptake in strategic domain areas. You will work in a team to deliver services, resolve issues, evaluate pilot projects and assist with deployment of new services. An essential part of this role will involve service delivery in a multidisciplinary research environment and prior experience will be highly regarded.
Your duties will include:
- Engaging with researchers to advise on application workflows for data processing, analysis and collaboration.
- Facilitating the effective management of research data that is generated, stored and/or served using Pawsey resources.
- Researching and trialling new technologies and new service offerings in data services.
- Assisting in the planning, deployment, and promotion of new data services.
- Maintaining expertise on data-centric tools, standards, and methodologies with multidisciplinary application.
Location: Perth (Kensington), WA
Salary: AU$97K to AU$105K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58304
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience with data workflows, data analysis, and the management of complex data sets.
- The abitlity to communicate and engage with academic researchers.
- A track record in delivering data services to the research community.
- The ability to develop technical training and documentation.
- To be willing and able to travel interstate to deliver training.
Knowledge of machine learning tools and techniques, familiarity with the OpenStack cloud platform, and with HPC environments will also be high regarded.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 25th September, 2018