- Lead a large CSIRO business unit in research, development and delivery of science based solutions
- Develop networks and partnerships to underpin an innovation system for agricultural and food technologies
- Develop an R&D environment characterised by science excellence, creativity, innovation and flexibility
As the Director you will be responsible for organisation-wide leadership in agriculture and food research and development, where you will use your global market knowledge and domain expertise to shape CSIRO’s Agriculture and Food business, to drive commercial outcomes and deliver national impact.
Your initial priorities will be to:
- Lead the development and delivery of science based solutions to address
- Opportunities for new breeding technologies.
- Efficiency and sustainability of diverse farming and aquaculture systems.
- Technologies that capture opportunities in growing markets and value chains for higher value, healthy, ethically produced and safe foods.
- Australia’s role, responsibilities and actions in global challenges facing agriculture and food, including climate change.
- Revise the strategy and capability plans to meet current and emerging industry, environmental and socioeconomic drivers.
- Develop networks and partnerships to underpin and resource an innovation system.
Location: Negotiable (Canberra preferred, but other locations considered)
Job Reference: 58321
Term: Three years
To be successful you will have:
- Established credibility and respect as a leader in a relevant agriculture/food domain, with evidence of effective leadership of significantly-sized world-class research capability
- Knowledge of and experience with emerging global trends in relevant research markets.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that expands growth opportunities, drives commercial outcomes and delivers national impact.
- Ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world-class talent and foster creativity.
- A track record in leading complex, multi—site business, including managing financial and physical resources and creating a safe and healthy workplace.
- A track record of building, driving and embedding cultural change and effective change management.
- Strong leadership skills that unite capability and promote cross-organisational collaboration.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
At CSIRO we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply
Before applying please read the Position Description. CSIRO has appointed an external search consultant to identify, qualify and shortlist candidate for this position. Please forward your enquiries and/or your CV/resume and cover letter to Ms Terri Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date 30 September, 2018