- Do you have the skills to work in a fast paced and complex environment?
- Are you experienced in managing a dynamic office providing high level administrative support
- Join the CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) team in this key executive support role
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides high level administrative support to the Director and Deputy Director of CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS) as well as effective and efficient administrative support to the broader CASS Executive Team. Working closely with the Executive Officer (EO), the EA prioritises commitments, follows through on issues to successful resolution, coordinates timely responses to requests and facilitates the effective operation of the Directors’ office.
Your duties will include:
- Providing a proactive focal point for the Directors’ Office to CASS staff, CSIRO Management and staff and external bodies.
- Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining confidentiality and using a high degree of discretion and sensitivity in all interactions.
- Providing efficient and effective diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments on behalf of the Director and Deputy Director, and managing their domestic and overseas travel arrangements.
- Monitoring and prioritising incoming correspondence and calls and assisting in arranging meetings and events.
Location: Marsfield, NSW
Salary: $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 58279
To be successful you will have:
- A relevant qualification (e.g. associate diploma, diploma, degree) or successful relevant experience managing a dynamic, rapidly changing office and providing high level administrative support.
- The ability to clearly convey information and ideas in written and verbal form, and establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience in providing secretarial and administrative support to a senior manager or executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and in using enterprise wide business systems (for example TRIM, SAP, online traveling booking systems) to manage workflow processes and on?line transactions.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise demands and escalate issues when required.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 30 August 2018