- Do you have an excellent customer service ethic and strong IT knowledge?
- Deliver high quality IT support
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IMT) is a seeking talented IT Officer to join the Client Services Delivery (CSD) team to aid in the delivery of effective and timely IT support within CSIRO.
You will be responsible for contributing to the quality of the service delivered to your clients. You will work on a broad range of both physical and technical problems, providing effective support to a wide range of CSIRO staff members. Your excellent customer service ethic, strong IT knowledge and skills will be key to your success in this role.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with the successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government security clearance or undergo other employment suitability checks.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering IT support to provide resolution in a timely manner to problems or requests that require On Site attendance. Examples include:
- Deployment of PC desktops, laptops, LCD monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Network Port patching.
- Software fault assistance.
- Delivering remote IT support to provide both response and resolution in a timely manner to incidents or requests.
- Conducting analysis of service contacts, classifying contacts into service areas and assigning to the relevant support groups via the service management toolset.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with virtual teams across the CSIRO IMT model to ensure the delivery of best practice service.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term till 28th June 2019
To be successful you will need:
- A formal tertiary qualification in an Information Technology field, or equivalent experience.
- Australian citizenship with a checkable background, and satisfy the requirements to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Negative Vetting 1 security clearance (or currently hold one).
- Previous experience in a customer service environment and supporting a broad range of IT services, including:
- Network services, both local and wide area;
- Videoconferencing/IP telephony services;
- Microsoft Windows-based workstation environments in an Active Directory framework;
- PC hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interactions with clients regardless of their levels of IT skill and experience.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 57406. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: Sunday, 8th July 2018