- Solve challenging R&D problems using a cutting-edge tech stack
- Deliver products that benefit the Australian community & economy
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
The Smart Infrastructure Engineering team within Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with strong skills delivering cloud software in various programming languages, including Haskell, Python and functional Scala.
In this role youu will work closely with software engineers, researchers and our user experience team, applying technologies including IoT and remote sensing, machine learning and analytics to a range of applications including healthcare, civil infrastructure monitoring and precision agriculture.
More specifically you will:
- Develop software and systems building on Data61's research in areas such as machine learning, data analytics, structural health monitoring, digital agriculture.
- Contribute to software and system architectural design activities.
- Follow and implement recognised software engineering best practices including documentation, test automation, and continuous delivery for ensuring software quality, performance, accessibility, maintainability and reusability.
- Ensure that DevOps processes are in place to manage software builds and releases.
- Contribute to open source development and participate in the broader development community as appropriate.
- Contribute to Data61’s engineering discipline by improving use of software development tools, practices and culture.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: An attractive salary is negotiable
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- At least 5 years of commercial software development experience.
- Expertise developing and deploying cloud software.
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises: version control, unit testing, automated testing, issue tracking.
Ideally you will also have:
- At least 2 years demonstrated senior expertise in cloud software architecture, design and implementation, with extensive experience delivering robust and maintainable code to solve business problems.
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position description
About us: We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
How to apply: When applying for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your cover letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position Description. Please include publicly available URLs if possible, with examples of your best work (completed website / app projects, personal website, github, codepen, etc)..
Applications close: Open until filled.