- Do you want to make a difference?
- Do you enjoy building high performing diverse teams?
- Join CSIRO’ Leadership Team and make a difference to our Business and Infrastructure Services team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the Director Business and Infrastructure Services will be a key member of the CSIRO Leadership Team. You will be accountable for delivering excellent outcomes through functional teams responsible for service delivery for a property portfolio of over 1,000 buildings across 59 locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the planning, development and maintenance of safe secure, sustainable and function facilities to support CSIRO’s research including partnerships with collaborators.
- Being responsible for property strategic planning.
- Providing Executive and the Board with clarity over short and long term trade-off decisions.
- Building and fostering a high performing team and an accountable leadership team.Overseeing the successful delivery of large-scale capital works.
- Developing and delivering CSIRO’s Environment and Sustainability Management Strategy
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships at the CEO and Executive level as well as internally and externally.
- Leading co-ordinating and managing the team within financial parameters aligned to the business strategy and outcomes.
Location: Canberra, ACT
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive relevant experience in a similar field.
- Strong strategic awareness, leadership and business acumen.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a track record of developing, maintaining and motivating high performance teams.
- High levels of judgement and problem solving.
- Experience leading change and fostering a culture committed to diversity.
- Highly developed strategic planning skills.
- A track record in developing and maintaining collaborative and trusted internal and external relationships.
- Experience building staff capability and succession through training, coaching, mentoring and development.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Find out more: About CSIRO
Before applying we recommend that you read this Position Description