- Are you an experienced senior proof engineer?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
- Contribute to improved proof automation and better reasoning techniques
The role of Research Engineer staff in CSIRO is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. You may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts. You may be involved in leading research projects or undertaking work that has impact on the development of scientific or technical knowledge.
The role of Proof Engineer in particular is to develop and expand formal models and proofs and other infrastructure for the development of both verified software itself and of new methodology for producing verified software at greater scale, depth, and speed. You will develop, maintain, and improve formal models and proofs using theorem proving technology such as Isabelle/HOL and HOL4.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Kensington, Sydney, NSW
Salary: *AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years and 6 months
Ref No.: 50142
To be successful you will need:
- Honours degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/etc. or equivalent experience.
- Substantial programming experience, ideally in functional languages (ML/Haskell).
- An interest in good engineering practice (version control, automated builds, etc.).
- The ability to understand current research in computer science.
- The ability to work effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A significant record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations.
AT CSIRO WE DO THE EXTRAORDINARY EVERY DAY
We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: 10:59pm AEST on Wednesday 22nd November 2017