- Do you have an interest in robotics?
- Use your skills to develop & implement novel Bayesian deep learning frameworks
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Fellowship for their Machine Learning for Robotics area.
As the successful candidate you will carry out new cutting-dege research in the areas of Robotics, 3D LiDAR SLAM and deep learning techniques for Robotics perception. You will develop novel Bayesian deep learning frameworks that are explicitly desinged for 3D LiDAR and multi-modal robots's data. The developed frameworks will be tested and deployed on real-world robotics platform.
Your duties will include:
- Work with CSIRO scientists and engineers within the Robotics Research Group and across other research programs at Data61 to develop algorithms and techniques for Bayesian deep learning frameworks for multi/hyperspectral data.
- Develop, implement and test novel machine learning, statistical analysis and deep learning techniques on 2D/3D Multimodal, multi/hyperspectral sensory data.
- Contribute to collecting data in the field, annotating and cleaning data.
- Deploy developed technologies in new domains, and in demonstrating these technologies in the field.
- Implement the methodologies developed on robotic platforms and evaluate them through extensive indoor and outdoor field trials.
Location: Pullenvale, Brisbane QLD
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area such as: robotics, mechatronics, electrical or mechanical engineering; computer science or engineering; or applied physics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Strong demonstrated theoretical and applied experience in two or more of the following key research areas: Deep Learning, hyperspectral or Multispectral Image Processing, Probabilistic and statistical framework, machine learning and Information theory.
- Strong programming experience (C++ and/or Python)
- Demonstrated experience in the collection and processing of large data sets, development of efficient algorithms on large datasets, and development of machine learning algorithms or protocols for processing noisy and unstructured data.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Friday 13 March 2020, 11:00 pm AEDT