- An excellent opportunity to be part of Australia's premier science organisation
- Lead strategic and industry research projects to address the challenging problems in cyber security
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
In this role as a Senior Research Scientist you will lead both strategic and industry projects, and be at the forefront of novel and world class research, leading to reputed international publications in top tier security conferences like IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, Crypto and Eurocrypt. You will also lead and manage a team of junior researchers in the Distributed Security Systems Group within the Software and Computation Science Program.
Data61 envisions a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security industry with greater resilience to cyber threats in business, to enhance confidence in the digital economy by bringing together exceptional people from research and industry. We are building a network with industries, academic and government communities, both nationally and internationally. We also provide a good supporting environment for commercialising research results and building innovation through start-ups and active community engagement. As the successful candidate you will have an opportunity to collaborate with Data61 partners within the Australian and international cyber security ecosystem and address the challenging problems in cyber security.
Your duties will include
- Undertake innovative, impactful cyber security research of strategic importance to CSIRO Data61.
- Provide leadership in defining new strategic research areas/directions and the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Actively lead and participate in strategic and external R&D projects by undertaking project specific research, implementing software, and communicating with internal and external partners.
- Build strategic relationships with Data61 industry and academic partners.
Location: Melbourne, Vic or Sydney, NSW
Salary: $111K - $130K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A PhD qualification in a relevant discipline area, such as security, privacy or a closely related field or significant work experience in the area of cyber security.
- A high level of experience in conducting research activities in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilience systems, IoT security, applied cryptography and/or cyber security governance and awareness; evidence from the top tier research publications such as IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, Crypto and Eurocrypt.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a research team and provide supervision and mentoring to junior researchers.
- A record of science innovation and creativity in the area of cyber security, plus the ability and willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Open until filled