About Chandler Macleod:
As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Chandler Macleod and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employer's and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
About the Role:
This position manages a small team to oversee the access, release and storage of data thorough the Dataverse and FLoSsE portals. The role assesses and manages requests for data in accordance with the Department’s data release policy, to ensure that data is used for publicly available research. The role provides information to researchers on data availability and helps to appropriately target requests for longitudinal data. The role involves liaison with external stakeholders including academics, steering committees and contracted providers to support the broader provision of advice to the NCLD. The role also oversees administrative support for some NCLD functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with research partners, academic advisors and policy stakeholders in relation to data used in longitudinal studies managed by NCLD
- Establish and maintain networks with researchers and external stakeholders
- Interpret the Department’s data release policy and provide advice on data access issues to resolve complex enquiries
- Oversee request information in databases including the Dataverse and FLoSSe systems
- Respond to data requests from a range of stakeholders including providing ad hoc analysis
- Oversee the secretariat support and coordination for the NCLD’s longitudinal survey advisory groups
- Communicate advice and decisions on data requests clearly in written and oral communications
- Support the project management of longitudinal studies and other research
- Analyse data emerging from research/data analysis and prepare reports for both internal and external audiences
Skills & Experience:
- Well-structured written communication skills - Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and tailor data analysis findings to technical, professional and academic audiences
- Critical Thinking - Utilises highly developed critical thinking skills to analyse complex issues to develop reasoned conclusions
- Decision Making - Highly proficient in undertaking logical and balanced decision making and justification within defined parameters
- Stakeholder engagement - Expert skills in seeking opportunities to establish and nurture effective professional networks, cultivating positive relationships with stakeholders and clients, in pursuit of departmental outcomes
- Communication - Verbal and written - Highly proficient written and verbal communication, and is able to modify and create targeted and complex messages to diverse audiences
- Information management - Information sharing - Expert proficiency in sharing and exchanging information and resources in an appropriate and strategic manner
- Qualifications in a Social Science (Research, Qualitative &/Or Qualitative Analysis, Statistics, Economics, Psychology or Social Policy)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Culture & Benefits:
- Weekly Pay!
- Secure Parking!
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the role for you, please hit "APPLY NOW" or contact Sarah.Ramirez@chandlermacleod.com or 02 6268 9933 for a discussion!
Role closes on 22nd of November, 2019!