Established in 1960, the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a national interest, applied research organisation. We are the enablers of next-generation development of transportation, across Australia and globally.
We seek to attract world-class experts to add to our existing pool of intellectual excellence. We want the best of the best to join us in our vision; to drive innovation to deliver an adaptable connected future for all Australians. We are growing our intellectual base by building our capacity in fields of critical importance to the road and transport industry, recognising that there are some significant emerging challenges that require deep thinkers, who can provide solutions to complex problems.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts, and assist in the discovery and creation of new innovations as part of our journey and mission.
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big research questions, and to see the fruits of that research being practically applied.
In May 2018 ARRB will be relocating to 80a Turner Street Port Melbourne where we will operate within a modern ‘Google-like’ brand new work campus. Our premises will be state-of-the-art, with basketball courts, ping pong tables, bicycle facilities, café, flexible working times, and with Activity based working arrangements.
About the role and you:
The primary focus of the Senior Communications Specialist (SCS) is to identify communications related content that needs to be produced, deciding on the transfer medium and seeing the project through from conception to execution.
This very exciting role is essentially strategy and project management focussed. The Senior Communications Specialist (SCS) will assemble a project team upon determining if the content is to be delivered via an event (i.e. workshop, webinar, breakfast or seminar) or through other communication methods (i.e. article, blog post, media release, social media etc) and overseeing the project delivery. This individual will develop a tactical execution plan, identifying resources (both internal and external to ARRB) while maintaining and nurturing open and consistent communication with all key stakeholders.
Another key area of responsibility is the dedication to building and nurturing relationships with the wider industry, ultimately generating sponsorship for events and being a brand ambassador for ARRB, as well as developing contacts with media.
In this position you will:
• Recommend appropriate communications, media and digital channels to deliver key information to various target audiences
• Manage communications advisor to produce relevant content
• Build and maintain relationships with media/publications contacts
• Manage the production of Learning Curve and any other future in-house communication publications
• Build and maintain relationships with sponsors/speakers
• Create and manage the event program
• Engage with internal stakeholders to establish viability of current and potential knowledge transfer events.
We seek an individual who has:
• 7+ years of recent and relevant working experience
• Relevant degree in communications, media, public relations, journalism or another marketing related field
• Qualified in people and project management – either through tertiary education or on the job learning
• Experience with social media, events + webinars and website development
• Possess superior copy writing/copy editing skills
• Demonstrated awareness of the impact of strategic communications on broader organisational goals and reputation
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and juggle competing deadlines
• Excellent time management
• Experience working to targets
• Strong communication capabilities, with the ability to build rapport at all levels.
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
• Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects
• A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
• Strong support for career development and further study
• A competitive salary
• A state-of-the-art work campus, with basketball courts, ping pong tables, bicycle facilities, café, flexible working times, and with Activity based working arrangements.
• Access to paid parental leave
• Potential salary packaging benefits available
• Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
• Free parking and barista on site!
To be considered:
Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources in Melbourne.