Corporate and Community Grants Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent, Full Time Position
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Convenient Preston location, close to train and tram with flexible work opportunities
At Darebin, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of how we work. Our commitment to these values is unwavering, they are central to our mission, to our impact and to help us better serve our community. We know that having varied perspectives and lived experiences helps generate better ideas to enable a diverse, inclusive and connected community.
Darebin encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
The Grants Officer is responsible for the management and coordination of Council's grant programs and grant applications. The grant programs aim to support community projects and activities that address strategic objectives and enhance the well-being of City of Darebin residents.
This is a newly evolved role within the Corporate Strategy team and has two core components. The first component is focused on streamlining the delivery of the current community grants program, working closely with internal departments.
The second component is dedicated to developing an organisational approach to seeking grant opportunities, ensuring strategic alignment as well as oversight and reporting on the outcomes delivered through the successful grants.
- Coordinate and monitor the community grants program with a continuous improvement lens
- Liaise with internal departments to deliver the community grants program, providing training as required
- Lead community engagement and education about Council's grant programs
- Develop, implement and support an organisational approach to seeking grant opportunities, including a centralised data management system of successful grants
- Support the organisation to successfully seek available and emerging grant opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Teritary qualification in Community Development or related filed and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in the coordination and administration of a grants scheme in a public or private organisation
- Strong decision making and problem solving capability
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to advocate to Council on emerging needs of community groups
- Expertise in facilitating partnership approaches, community forums and diverse groups
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter.
We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
Contact Kassia Gibbs, Coordinator Corporate Strategy on 03 8470 8590 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday 28 November at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2021
- VIC - Preston
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time