Veterinary Research Manager
Rimfire Resources (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Veterinary R&D
- Leadership role
Invetus is the largest Australasian veterinary contract research organisation with sites in Australia and New Zealand, of which Wongaburra Research Centre (WRC) is a key facility for the business. Invetus’ research work encompasses production and companion animals, as well as parasitology services and entomology studies, and the WRC’s work is primarily companion animal and entomology focussed.
Invetus’ core strengths are the independence, expertise and experience of their people, the application of best practice methodology, and the integration of processes with a range of partners to drive efficiency. Their client base encompasses major global animal health and biotechnology organisations, farmers, veterinarians, government, industry bodies and universities.
As Research Manager, and reporting to the Managing Director, you will be a member of the Invetus Leadership team. You will be responsible for research studies in companion animals primarily, at a range of quality levels and diseases/conditions, and will have the lead role in bringing business to the facility, liaising with current and potential clients, designing studies and ensuring the projects are carried out in time and on budget.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- Research management, ensuring research is conducted effectively and efficiently, from first enquiry to post-project review.
- Client liaison in attracting projects to the facility, and liaising with clients to ensure projects meet their requirements, including timelines and budget
- WRC preventative health program, ensuring compliance with SOPs and optimization of animal health and wellbeing outcomes
- Business management, including facility and budget planning activities
- Ensuring activities are conducted in accordance with Workplace Health & Safety practices, including risk assessments and training
- Strong people management, leading by example and ensuring staff are trained, developed and motivated in their roles to meet business and career development needs
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Degree (or higher) qualifications in Veterinary Science (registerable in Australia) or similar
- Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of animal research across a range of species and diseases/conditions
- Strong people and relationship abilities, with a broad industry network
- Proven ability in developing and leading a motivated, committed and high-functioning team, modelling strong ethics and building a culture of trust and fairness
- Effective time management in managing multiple projects and timelines, able to delegate effectively, along with business management including planning, budgets and reporting
- Australian working rights
This is a great career opportunity with an industry leader in veterinary research, living in a great lifestyle location. To enquire please phone Sharon Moloney on 1300 380 701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au with your CV and application letter.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Nov 2018
- NSW - Casino
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Director/Senior Research Management