At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Principal Urban Research Analyst to join the Strategy and Research Unit to provide expert research and analytical advice on population, environmental, economic and urban matters facing the municipality. You will have an internal consulting role and will work with services across the organisation to support the use of data and research in the delivery of services to the Moreland community. You will also lead strategic research projects including anticipating emerging trends, identifying service and infrastructure demands, capacity analysis and the monitoring of policies and strategies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Tertiary qualifications in demography, urban planning, economics, geography or related disciplines.
- Monitoring the performance of policy and strategies, including collecting, analysing and reporting data
- Very strong analytical and research skills, including spatial analysis
- Capacity to explore complex strategic issues using urban, economic, environmental and social data to provide a holistic analysis
- Highly developed communication skills including an ability to communicate complex information to a ‘lay person’ audience
- A high level of computer literacy, including statistical and spatial analysis tools
- Monthly RDO
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Victoria Kapke on 9240 2422.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 15 November 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.