- Full time, 2 years fixed term
- Located on the Darlington Campus at the Faculty of Engineering
- Base Salary $109K - $123K (HEO8) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Business Development Manager will build on existing external relationships and foster new partnerships with industry, government, and other non-government organisations, leading to collaborative research opportunities. In this role, you will be required to work closely with the Associate Dean, External Engagement and the Manager of International & Research Partnerships in the Faculty and be a member of the External Engagement team, while working in collaboration with the faculty’s Research Support team.
To learn more about the Digital Sciences Initiative (DSI), click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Business Development Manager who has:
- a relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement and networks in an industry sectorial experience aligned with DSI mission areas (health; agriculture; defence)
- solid experience using CRM system to track and record opportunities
- the ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of key external relationships and opportunities
- excellent writing skills with proven ability to present, write, edit, and organise thoughts in a clear, concise, and well-organised manner ensuring readability and consistency with the ability to change voice and writing style to fit a particular audience and purpose
- proven project management skills including coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise multiple deadlines
- knowledge and understanding of industry key trends relevant to DSI missions and strong matchmaking skills to align research capabilities with stakeholder needs and opportunities to secure new funding streams
- excellent communication skills and ability to deliver complex information to a range of audiences
- strong stakeholder and relationship management skills and the ability to interact across all required professional spheres; academic, public, and corporate sectors
To apply for this role, please address the following criteria and outline your relevant experience in your cover letter and attach to your online application.
- Describe a past example when you connected external stakeholders with your internal clients for the purpose of submitting a fundamental and/or applied research proposal. How did you approach the task, what where the challenges you encountered, how did you solve them, and what was the ultimate outcome?
- Describe your experience in one or more sectors relating to our Digital Sciences Initiative, as described on this website: https://dsi.sydney.edu.au/
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Please click here to apply Business Development Manager (DSI)
Closing date for applications: 11:30pm, Sunday 26th September 2021
© The University of Sydney