Ambulance Victoria (AV) currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Assistant to assist with a project using a large linked dataset to determine pathways of care and patient outcomes. This is full-time 12 month fixed term position.
The position is based at our Blackburn North Business Centre but the role will currently require you to work from home.
About the role
The responsibility of this role covers undertaking analysis and research on cardiovascular patients who contact Triple Zero (000) for ambulance care.
Reporting to the Director Research Evaluation applicants applying for the Research Assistant position should possess the following experience and qualifications:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Nursing, Paramedicine, Statistics, Psychology, Science) preferably at post graduate level
• Postgraduate qualifications in public health, epidemiology and/or statistics or experience in the health sector or emergency services is desired
• Experience in data analysis and preparation of research reports/ publications, ideally in a service delivery environment
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in development of data extracts, data quality control and statistical analysis
• Experience in analysis of large, complex datasets using appropriate statistical packages and methods
• Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning and organising skills ensuring work is completed within designated timeframes
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and preparation of well-structured, accurate documents and reports
• Interpersonal and influencing skills to gain acceptance and support of ideas and the ability to modify style to accommodate situations and individuals
• Attention to detail using appropriate checking processes to ensure information is recorded accurately with highly developed quantitative analysis skills
What's in it for you?
Salary packaging and other benefits are available, including free parking. Ambulance Victoria offers fair employment and career opportunities. Aiming to attract a diverse pool of applicants, AV focuses on the genuine and essential requirements of the job and being consistent and fair in the treatment of applicants.
This position is graded at AV3. The salary range for an AV3 position is $77,620 - $91,953 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries please email email@example.com or contact us on 03 9840 3653.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
• A covering letter
• A resume
• A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that all applications are submitted on or before 28th September 2020 by clicking on ‘Apply Online' below.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.