Research Officer (Evidence Portal)
Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Officer (Evidence Portal)
This position has flexible working conditions either full time or part time located at ANROWS National Office in Sydney CBD or working Remote.
ANROWS aspires to be an innovative research organisation with authoritative leadership and high impact to support the National Plan to End Violence against Women and Children 2022–2032 (the National Plan). Our mission is to deliver relevant and translatable research evidence which drives policy and practice, leading to a reduction in the levels of violence against women and their children.
ANROWS is funded primarily by the Commonwealth and state and territory governments of Australia to assist them in achieving the National Plan’s vision of women and children living free from violence and in safe communities.
Primary purpose of the position
The Research Officer will work as part of the ANROWS Evidence Portal team. The Evidence Portal is a living online resource, capturing evidence on interventions to address and end violence against women. It is informed by a comprehensive systematic review of impact evaluations and systematic reviews. The Evidence Portal features a series of evidence maps that organise and display quantitative impact evaluations of violence against women interventions. The portal also includes Intervention Reviews which summarise the findings of these evaluations to estimate their effectiveness.
- Contribute to systematic reviews and evidence maps. This may include full text screening and data extraction, critically appraising quantitative impact evaluations and report writing.??
- Produce accessible syntheses of impact evaluation findings. This may include writing and reviewing Plain English summaries of evaluation findings, following a specified template and style guide.???
- Support project management. This may include organising and contributing to internal meetings, reporting on progress, and providing supervisory support to research assistants to manage their workflow.
- Support the ANROWS Research Program.?This may include contributing to submissions and other projects and policies within the Research and Evaluation Program.??
- Provide assistance and advice to the Research Manager (Evidence Portal), the Director, Research and Evaluation; and the CEO.
- A Bachelor’s degree research qualification or equivalent (e.g., sociology, criminology, social sciences, statistics, psychology, public policy, or related discipline).
- Experience conducting systematic reviews and evidence syntheses, with demonstrated skills in extracting data from and critically assessing quantitative evaluations of interventions.
- Experience in the management of reference lists and data for systematic reviews. Specifically, the ability to use specialized software (e.g., EndNote, DistillerSR) to manage large libraries of citations, manage screening workflows, and produce summary reports on screening progress.
- A track record of effective written communication, including report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including the capacity to build and maintain positive professional relationships and partnerships with non-government and government stakeholders.
- Expertise in a range of project management methodologies and a strong ability to monitor, track and report on research and/or projects.
- Knowledge of the broad range of issues relating to domestic and family violence.
- Familiarity and experience with study confidence rating and risk of bias assessments tools
- A postgraduate research qualification or equivalent
- Experience implementing and evaluating interventions and primary research.
Remuneration and leave entitlements
The salary range for this position is $86,950 to $95,481 per annum pro rata plus 11% employer contributions to the employee’s chosen superannuation fund, with the option to salary sacrifice. ANROWS staff are entitled to four weeks’ pro rata annual leave, in addition to personal and sick leave.
Applications for the position close at midnight on Tuesday, 5 March 2024. To be considered for the position, applications need to include:
- a covering letter addressing the essential selection criteria listed above
- a resume.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 05 Mar 2024
- NSW - Sydney
- $86,950 to $95,481 per annum pro rata plus 11% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time