Director, Research & Data Management - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Banking Association (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director, Research & Data Management
Australian Banking Association
With the active participation of 23 member banks in Australia, the Australian Banking Association (ABA) provides analysis, advice and advocacy for the banking industry and contributes to the development of public policy on banking and other financial services.
The ABA works with government, regulators, community groups and other stakeholders to improve public awareness and understanding of the industry’s contribution to the economy and the broader community. The ABA works to ensure Australia’s banking customers continue to benefit from a stable, competitive and accessible banking industry.
The Australian banking industry is currently going through a challenging period of strategic and structural change. The ABA is a dynamic and innovative organisation that works collaboratively as a whole and in partnership with our member banks.
- The Director – Research & Data Management provides statistical, analytical and research support that contributes to the ABA’s work to enhance public understanding of the role of banks and the banking industry in the community, and the contribution of banks and the banking industry to the economy more broadly.
- Collaborating with members of the ABA team, to develop and communicate insights on issues of relevance to the banking industry, and communicate those through traditional channels such as submissions, speeches, research papers and other media as required.
- Develop and maintain a growing database of relevant statistical and other information pertinent to the banking industry, in partnership with the ABA team, regulators and other stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified, with 3-5 years’ experience within the public or private sectors.
- Proven analytical expertise, including the ability to develop, extract and manipulate a range of different datasets, to support the development of policy.
- Experience tailoring information and delivering insights across a wide range of audiences.
- Experience from within the financial sector, or dealing with macroeconomic and industry statistics, is desirable.
What’s on offer
- Great opportunity for a curious and diligent self-starter to join our agile flexible team.
- Work across a wide range of policy and economic issues impacting Australia’s financial sector, and the broader Australian economy.
- Exposure to, and opportunity to influence, decision makers across industry, regulators and government.
- Outstanding culture, flexible working conditions, and opportunities for the right candidate to make a mark in an industry central to enabling the potential of Australia’s communities.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below or email email@example.com
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Director/Senior Research Management