Assist in the establishment and operation of clinical trials and coordinate their successful completion
- Full time 36.25 hpw | Fixed term to January 2025
- Work with world-leading researchers from across the globe
- Flexible Work Arrangements | 5 weeks annual leave | 15 days personal leave
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals
- HEWL 5 $72,059 - $81,732
- HEWL 6 $83,115 - $90,022
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is now looking to appoint a Clinical / Senior Clinical Research Worker. This is a full-time, fixed-term opportunity and is based at the JCU Townsville Bebegu Yumba Campus in Douglas.
How you’ll make a difference
The Clinical or Senior Clinical Research Worker assists in the establishment and operation of clinical trials and coordinates their successful completion. Working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, you will contribute to the development of research and capacity whilst providing advice and assistance that supports clinical trials, including patient assessment and recruitment for trials, accurately completing all clinical trial paperwork, ethical requirements, appropriate research methods, and interpretation, and publication of research findings.
What you’ll bring
- An enthusiasm and passion to improve the health of those living with peripheral vascular disease.
- Proven experience, or the ability to gain proficiency, in the administration of clinical trials including patient recruitment and follow-up.
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, including ethics issues in patient-based clinical research and clinical research across teams in various sites.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent organisational, project management and time management skills; ability to work largely unsupervised and respond to competing priorities.
In addition to this, we will find the below desirable:
- Knowledge of the Australian health system
- An understanding and respect of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
- A higher degree in research methods or research-related administration
The Queensland Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease (QRC-PVD)
The Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease (QRC-PVD) within the College of Medicine and Dentistry is dedicated to improving the management of peripheral vascular disease (PVD). Studies focus on presenting complaints and complications of PVD, however we are always evolving with new findings from our studies.
Our experienced research team uses a broad range of techniques including vivo pre-clinical models, in vitro studies, genomics, genetics, bio-informatics, molecular biology, epidemiology, clinical trials, health economics and complex statistical analyses.
Providing a laid back tropical lifestyle that is complemented by capital city comforts, no other Australian city boasts the resilience, diversity, lifestyle & economic potential that the Townsville North Queensland Region enjoys. Townsville offers a dynamic lifestyle coupled with strong economic prosperity. With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Townsville’s lifestyle is second to none. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
Why you’ll love working JCU?
At JCU we firmly believe that people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff. We live by our values and deliver against our Strategic Intent in an environment that values respect, excellence and delivering a sustainable future for the people of the Tropics.
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25 hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days personal leave
- 12 months paid parental leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
- on-site facilities including medical, cafes, childcare and gymnasium
What matters to us at JCU?
- Our People - Our staff, students, and the communities we serve
- Our Education - Knowledge has the power to change lives
- Our Place - the Tropics and beyond
- Our Research - a catalyst for innovation and knowledge generation
- Authenticity | Excellence | Integrity | Respect
- Our values are the qualities that define what we stand for. They capture the standards that we live by and guide the way we behave and work together.
Want to know more?
If this opportunity sounds like the right step in your career we encourage you to apply online today.
Click on Apply now to be redirected to the JCU Careers website.
Apply for Vacancy Reference Number 18790
For further information please contact Dr Rene Jaeggi on 07 4781 5449 or via email to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so we encourage you to apply today.
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community, and are committed to ensuring our community, and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming.