CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Scholarships - Information Management and Technology - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Studentship - Information Management and Technology
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Get hands-on experience in Australia’s leading scientific research organisation.
- Access CSIRO's world-class facilities and work with a supportive team to deliver solutions with real impact.
- Apply for a CSIRO Vacation Studentship today!
Our Undergraduate Vacation Studentships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with CSIRO researchers in our world class facilities.
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, technology or a related field such as science communication.
Participation in the Vacation Studentship Program has influenced countless students in their choice of further study and future career options. Many have gone on to pursue a PhD and/or built successful research career; either within CSIRO, universities, or industry.
From smartphone apps and robotics, to wearable technology and next gen wireless, we're providing innovative information technology solutions. For more information please see our website at Information Management and Technology.
Projects: Information Management and Technology have 2 projects available, for details please see the project list
Location: Canberra, ACT and Clayton, VIC (desirable, but online considered) - see project list above for details
Stipend: $1,655.32 per fortnight
Duration: Placements are full time for 8 - 12 weeks between late November and February
Vacation studentships are intended for students who:
- are enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university
- have completed 3 years (full-time equivalent) of an undergraduate course, however exceptional second-year students may be considered;
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher)
- intend to pursue a research career in science or technology, or a career in a related discipline; and
- are able to undertake a full-time placement for 8-12 weeks over the university summer vacation period.
Applications for these studentships are open to Australian and New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and International students who have full work rights for the duration of the placement (do not require visa sponsorship).
Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including provision of a national police check as well as other security/medical/character clearance requirements.
How to Apply
To apply for an Undergraduate Vacation Scholarship you will be required to:
- submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you and how your skills/knowledge meet the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Cover Letter’ field;
- in the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list;
- in the ‘Job-Specific Information’ section select your two preferred research projects for Information Management and Technology in order of preference; and enter your Grade Point Average (GPA) as per the University Admission Centre’s methodology. If you have a WAM, please read the Methodology on this site and calculate a GPA using the formula provided.
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Monday 8 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 08 Aug 2022
- $1,655.32 per fortnight
- Work Type: