Crystallisation Facility Technician - [Archived Advertisement]
Crystallisation Facility Technician
- Perform lab experiments, machine maintenance and technical assistance
- Work with leading international researchers in a world class facility
- Diverse and inclusive culture. Flexible work arrangements!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry in order to develop innovative products and processes to allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable. The Biomedical Manufacturing Research Program works with biomedical companies to deliver new medical treatments and technologies that benefit millions of people in Australia and overseas, helping them live longer, healthier, and more productive lives.
As the Crystallisation Facility Technician, you will be involved in diverse functions across the Crystallisation Facility: setting up samples, in providing support to maintain the reagents, stocks and macromolecular crystallisation screens, design and implementation of experiments, workflows and protocols, and help support the computing infrastructure of the facility.
Your duties will include:
- Manage and perform day-to-day laboratory tasks, for example performing experiments, ensuring that the regular maintenance of all machines is performed and diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with machines or processes.
- Making up stocks and blocks, running sitting, hanging, micro-batch or LCP crystallisation experiments as well as thermal melt assays and quality control assays.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Laboratory Quality Manual (LQM).
- Accurate and timely completion of quality records.
- Have sufficient understanding of the available robotics to enable the appropriate choice of machine for different assays.
- Participate in process reviews, corrective and preventative actions and risk assessments, review other quality and process documents.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the facility (cleaning, quality assurance/ control, ordering), and assist in the commissioning, validation and re-validation of equipment.
Location: Clayton, Melbourne
Salary: AU$63k – AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biology or Physics and/or relevant work experience.
- Practical knowledge in solution chemistry and experience in buffer making.
- High level of computer literacy and expertise with MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively within a team to achieve results.
- Prior experience working in a scientific laboratory.
- Experience in usage of laboratory robotics or in the field of protein crystallisation and/or high-throughput screening is desirable.
- An interest in developing skills in protein crystallisation optimisation is beneficial as is an interest in developing skills in high-throughput formulation screening.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 22 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$63k – AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time