- Create interactive environments for data exploration!
- Work on innovative projects in our Scientific Computing Program team!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation!
The Scientific Computing Program (SC) is focused on delivering expertise and access to CSIRO’s computing and data facilities to all researchers within CSIRO.
In this role you will provide scientific visualisation expertise to members of CSIRO’s research community and in two main components.
- Providing research groups expertise and support to address their data visualisation needs. This includes development of software, workflows, converting and remapping data, and facilitating efficient use of a range of resources including CSIRO’s high-performance visualisation systems.
- Providing expert guidance on third party visualisation applications, including their recommendation, selection, training, demonstration and use across a range of scientific disciplines.
Your duties will include
- Create interactive environments for data exploration
- Develop scientific animations based on computational or simulation datasets
- Make dynamic visualisation content available via a web interface
- Undertake data analysis to better understand complex scientific datasets
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Perth.
Salary: AU$97K – AU$105K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in the interrogation of scientific data through various means such as visualisation or data analytics
- Demonstrated experience in at least three of the following:
- Big data visualisation platforms using Jupyter, R and D3.js
- Software engineering best practices, including requirements analysis, agile methodologies and assuring quality through the use of appropriate testing and validation suites.
- 3D graphics, modelling, animation and rendering tools such as Unity3D and Maya.
- Interactive web-based presentation of complex data.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 6th February, 2019.