- Are you ready for the next challenge?
- Do you thrive in busy, complex environments working with senior executives?
- Be the first Executive Officer - CSIRO People and make a difference!
As the Executive Officer CSIRO People you will assist and support the Executive Director People with communication, issues management, leadership, co-ordination, planning, compliance, planning and projects.
Your duties will include
- Identifying emerging and unforeseen issues requiring the Executive Director’s intervention, and develop appropriate responses.
- Manage activities associated with People Executive meetings and work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director to ensure tasks, meetings and projects are prioritised appropriately.
- Co-ordinate the People Office’s compliance with CSIRO processes and governance requirements, and other legislative requirements.
- Ensure effective responsiveness through co-ordination of corporate requirements for strategic planning.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton) preferred, but other locations considered
Salary: AU $111k – AU $130k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
CSIRO's diversity commitment
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible working arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To be successful you will need
- A confident, pro-active approach with ability to think strategically, work effectively with, and influence senior leaders in a dynamic executive team environment, combined with the ability to collaborate widely internally and externally.
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to formulate and prepare a wide range of strategic communications including complex, high quality documents, reports, analyses, plans, and briefings, to present findings influentially to senior leaders.
- Very strong problem solving skills with ability to investigate the underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems to develop appropriate responses.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to independently manage competing complex demands and renegotiate priorities, to meet deadlines, adapting to ambiguous, urgent and/or complex situations.
- Experience in successful project management, including planning, engagement, monitoring and reporting, to meet or exceed specified outcomes and timeframes.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Please provide a CV/resume and a one page cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
6th January, 2019 (Australian Eastern Summer time)