New members for ARC Advisory Council
Six new appointments have been made to the ARC Advisory Council, the panel that provides strategic and policy advice to the Australian Research Council.
The new members are:
- Professor Peter Buckskin, Dean, David Unaipon College of Indigenous Education & Research, University of South Australia
- Professor Stephen Garton, Professor of History and Provost & Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Sydney
- Professor Margaret Harding, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research) & Professor of Chemistry, University of New South Wales
- Professor Paul Johnson, Vice-Chancellor, La Trobe University
- Professor Amanda Lawson, Dean of Creative Arts, University of Wollongong
- Professor Ian Young, Vice-Chancellor, Swinburne University of Technology
The new members join continuing members Emeritus Professor David Siddle, Professor Robyn Owens, Ms Robyn Baker, with ARC CEO Professor Margaret Sheil, who remains the Chair.
Outgoing members are Professors Stuart Macintyre, Terry Hughes and John Ralston AO.
More information is at www.arc.gov.au