New members appointed to ARC Advisory Council
Five new members have been appointed to the Australian Research Council (ARC) Advisory Council.
The new members are:
- Professor Attila Brungs, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), University of Technology Sydney
- Dr Leigh Farrell, Vice President, Business Development, Biota Holdings Ltd
- Professor Sandra Harding, Vice-Chancellor and President, James Cook University
- Professor Suzanne Miller, Director, South Australian Museum
- Professor Sue Thomas, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), Charles Sturt University
Professor Aidan Byrne will remain Chair of the Advisory Council, as the Chief Executive Officer of the ARC.
Professors Peter Buckskin, Stephen Garton and Paul Johnson will continue as members of the Advisory Council.
Council members are appointed for two years and advise on:
- strategic issues relating to the mission of the ARC, including strategic planning
- policy matters relating to innovation, research and research training
- matters relating to the evaluation of the quality and outcomes of research and research training in an international context.
For more information on the ARC Advisory Council and the new members, visit www.arc.gov.au.