ERA committees appointed
One hundred and forty seven distinguished researchers have been selected to assess and report on the quality of research in Australia as part of the 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluations.
“These researchers are experts in their field and in research evaluation, and have been selected from a pool of more than 600 national and international researchers,” ARC Chief Executive Officer Professor Margaret Sheil said.
The 147 researchers are being appointed across eight Research Evaluation Committees:
- Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences (PCE)
- Humanities and Creative Arts (HCA)
- Engineering and Environmental Sciences (EE)
- Education and Human Society (EHS)
- Economics and Commerce (EC)
- Mathematical, Information and Computing Sciences (MIC)
- Biological and Biotechnological Sciences (BB)
- Medical and Health Sciences (MHS)
Acknowledging the 600 plus nominations received by the ARC for the 2012 Committees, Professor Sheil said she was delighted with the response to the call for nominations and was pleased to have appointed such a strong group to undertake the 2012 ERA evaluations.
“The appointment of the Research Evaluation Committee members follows my announcement of the eight committee chairs in October last year,” Professor Shiel said.
For more information on the Research Evaluation Committees and the membership visit www.arc.gov.au/era/recs_2012/recs_2012.htm.