CRC winners announced
Six successful applicants of this year’s Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) selection round (Round 14) have been announced.
The successful CRCs, selected from a field of 26 applications, are:
- Automotive Australia 2020 CRC ($26 million): will undertake research programs and build human capital in areas of vehicle electrification, gaseous fuels and production of greener vehicles and components.
- CRC for Low Carbon Living ($28 million): will bring together leading researchers and key end-users to develop new tools to reduce carbon emissions and transform the built environment to a low carbon future.
- CRC for Polymers ($14.5 million): will contribute to establishing Australia as a leading provider and exporter of products that meet emerging global needs in the areas of health therapies, water and food security and low-cost solar energy.
- CRC for Water Sensitive Cities ($30 million): will deliver the planning, technology and decision support tools required to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of urban water systems.
- Invasive Animals CRC ($19.7 million): will deliver key technologies to reduce the impacts of new and existing pest animals on Australia’s agricultural competitiveness and biodiversity assets.
- Plant Biosecurity CRC ($29.7 million): will develop and deploy the knowledge and tools to safeguard Australia from damaging plant pest incursions.
More information on the CRC program and the successful centres is available at www.crc.gov.au.