Australian Laureate Fellowships awarded
Seventeen fellowships with a total value of $46,654,655 over 5 years have been awarded by the Australian Research Council under the Australian Laureate Fellowships scheme for 2012.
The scheme is designed to attract world-class researchers and research leaders to key positions, and create new rewards and incentives for the application of their talents in Australia.
It includes a Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship awarded to a highly ranked female candidate from the humanities, arts and social science disciplines and a Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellowship awarded to a highly ranked female candidate from the science and technology disciplines. These recipients have been provided with additional funding to undertake an ambassadorial role to promote women in research.
The recipients include:
The Australian National University
- Professor David Lindenmayer
- Professor Eelco Rohling
- Professor Susan O’Connor : Kathleen Fitzpatrick Australian Laureate Fellowship recipient
- Professor Tessa Morris-Suzuki
The University of Sydney
- Professor Benjamin Eggleton
- Professor Nalini Joshi:Georgina Sweet Australian Laureate Fellowship recipient
- Professor Rick Shine
James Cook University
- Professor Alexandra Aikhenvald
- Professor Terence Hughes
The University of Queensland
- Professor John Quiggin
- Professor Ove Hoegh-Guldberg
- Professor Douglas Macfarlane
- Professor Michael Fuhrer
- Professor Nicholas Wormald
The University of Melbourne
- Professor Frank Caruso
- Professor Ivan Marusic
The University of Western Australia
- Professor Malcolm McCulloch
More information about the recipients is here.