HSE Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
- Are you an experienced HSE Manager looking for your next opportunity?
- Can you lead and develop teams and projects whilst improving HSE and wellbeing culture?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture.
The HSE Manager reports to the HSE Executive Business Partner and will be responsible for proactively partnering with, coaching, and positively influencing CSIRO’s operational line management and HSE advisors and delivering HSE goals to broader organisational goals.
The HSE Manager will provide tailored support and coordinate the consistent delivery of Improving HSE outcomes and metrics, HSE activities, and initiatives for all business units across regions and the wider organisation. Your key impact will be to improve CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture.
Your duties will include:
- Driving, strengthening, and supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE plan whilst helping to improve the HSE performance of the organisation through technical leadership, influence, and strong communication.
- Guiding, supporting and empowering HSE Advisors to develop solutions to complex and challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant workgroups.
- Driving the consistent delivery of CSIRO’s HSE activities across businesses and multiple operational sites to cultivate a consistent and organisational approach to HSE.
- Leading and implementing HSE projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
- Coaching to enable the growth and development of BU Directors, Site Leaders, staff, and HSE team members in utilising best practice and leveraging capability and communities of practice to improve HSE Performance.
- Leveraging and harnessing proactive partnering relationships with key site leaders and people, HSE Executive Business Partners, and external stakeholders through being a trusted advisor, listening, discussing, and providing clear advice towards set goals.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant health, safety, environment related degree or risk management along with at least 5-10 years demonstrated experience in leading HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice, and standards along with experience in influencing and effecting impactful HSE changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A significant record of innovation and creativity in HSE, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate and/or promote the inclusion of novel ideas and approaches into the organisation.
- Collaborative leadership skills and the ability to & lead remotely – utilising collective leadership skills to create connection across all teams within the HSE function and with other stakeholder teams.
- A track record in enabling positive organisational change, by adapting strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety. Demonstrated ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboratively sharing and utilising team resources to provide a seamless and organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategy.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 20 June 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 20 Jun 2021
- WA - Perth
- AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time