Relationship Manager (Western Australia; State Government and Universities) - [Archived Advertisement]
Relationship Manager (Western Australia; State Government and Universities)
- Are you a Senior Manager/Advisor looking for your next challenge?
- Do you have strong State Gov and/or University relationships?
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
The role of a Relationship Manager for Western Australia (WA) State Government and WA Universities is to develop relationships within the state government departments and Universities and grow networks and promote CSIRO capability. You will be responsible for the execution of Strategic Relationship Agreements (SRAs), including the coordination of the steering committee and working groups, coordinating across CSIRO and the relevant WA Gov departments and WA Universities.
In this role, you will be pivotal in ensuring CSIRO maximises and realises business and funding opportunities with these Departments and Universities through building and maintaining strong relationships. It is expected this role will work at the executive level within the Departments/Universities and will ensure a seamless and constructive experience at all levels for the customer. The position will require collaboration across leadership levels for all Business Units relevant to that customer, to leverage opportunities.
The aim of SRAs is to increase jobs and create economic growth across WA through the delivery of science and innovation. The role will report to the Executive Manager, Business Development and Global and will be responsible for aligning CSIRO’s business interactions and funding opportunities to the SRAs as well as identifying new opportunities (revenue generation) and connecting scientists, senior leaders, and our executive to key stakeholders within WA through the provision of high-level advice to WA Government /University senior managers, executives and member of parliament.
Your duties will include:
- Implementation, execution, and management of State Gov SRA/MOU’s and the steering committee/s and/or working groups outlined in the SRA/MOU
- Ensuring Priority Focus Areas for Engagement based on state gov Investment Priorities and CSIRO Capability
- Relationship Alignment – CSIRO (Board, Executive, CLT) representatives networked to which decision-makers in the relevant state gov
- Creating new business models for engagement and broadening CSIRO relationships with Depts, Agencies, and Universities
- Reporting and Forecast Management Tools – Active Scorecard including defining new state Government engagement targets
- Facilitating and chairing internal working group/s focused on relevant State Gov engagement and Universities
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Salary: AU$139k - AU$153k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications
- Proven ability to partner effectively with Government Departments, Ministers, and Universities to achieve and grow Business Development and/or Commercial impact with revenue, focusing on return on investment to maximise Organisational results
- Professional history of proactively identifying, building, and developing a portfolio of Senior Executive relationships, to support the delivery of impact objectives and meet current and future revenue goals
- Ability to deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic Business Development and Global opportunities with a focus on driving and supporting efficient commercial contracting
- Experience building and maintaining strong professional, collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines, proactively seeking and influencing to achieve a successful outcome
- Expertise in building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the breadth and depth of a complex team that delivers high standards in service delivery as well as technical output
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday, 20 June 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 20 Jun 2021
- WA - Perth
- AU$139k - AU$153k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Business Development Manager